At Mark Anthony Wine and Spirits, the protection of your personal information is a priority. We know that privacy is important to you and we take it seriously!
What do we mean by personal information?
What personal information do we process about you?
Most of the personal information that we collect about you when using this website can be classified in these categories:
Identification and professional data, such as your name, phone numbers, and e-mails. Since this website caters to wine boutiques, restaurants and retailers, we collect your professional information, such as your work address, the name of your organization, and the type of retailer for which you work. When filling forms, you may also be required to provide your organization’s licensee number;
Electronic data, such as your IP and cookies installed on your devices;
Membership data, such as contact preferences;
Financial data, such as credit card numbers, shipping and mailing addresses, and the contact details of your accounting department, or otherwise as required to allow you to acquire our products through our Order Desk;
If you apply to a job on our website, you will be required to create an applicant account, which involves collection electronic credentials (e-mail and password). As part of the recruitment process, we will collect information, such as your work experience, your identification data, your resume, any documents that you upload, such as a cover letter, your licenses and certifications. We also offer you the opportunity to select applicable skills, describe your work behavior, and had information about your motivation. Our applicant tracking system (ATS) allows you to include links, such as your LinkedIn profile, in which case, we may consider such information. We may also consider other public information about your career in our quest for talents and attach some interview notes to your applicant profile.
Why do we process your personal information?
We process personal information to:
- get in touch with you after you submit an inquiry;
- evaluate your resume and help you get a job with us, if you applied through our Careers page;
- process your orders and deliver our products to you;
- subscribe you as a Wine Club Member – so that you can receive wines through your membership over the year. Our Wine Members receive promotional communications with special deals and promotions;
- if you consent, conduct survey on your satisfaction with our products;
- better understand your interests or preferences, and globally improve our website, products, and services accordingly;
- provide you with advertising about products that we think may be interesting based on your habits, through re-targeting on Facebook. Click here for more information, including how you can opt-out of re-targeting through Facebook.
- manage and administer our website;
How can I withdraw my consent to receive electronic communications?
You can unsubscribe from our electronic communications by:
- Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the electronic communications, where applicable;
- Updating your preferences in your account, where applicable;
- Send an e-mail to us, and we will help you out (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How can I delete my account with you?
We hope that you want to stay with us for a long time, but if you would like to delete your account, we will assist you in doing so. You can e-mail us at email@example.com.
How do you protect my personal information?
We strive to implement adequate measures to protect your personal information. The password you provide when registering on our website is encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorized access to your personal information. We make sure to use PCI DSS compliant third parties when processing your credit cards information.
Unfortunately, we can never promise that the Internet will be 100% secure. Please do not share your credentials across your organization or leave it on a post it for everyone to see!
Who will access my personal information in your organization?
We only allow our employees to see your personal information on a need to know basis. Our employees handling personal information are subject to confidential agreements.
Do we share your personal information with third-parties?
Let’s be clear, we will never sell your information to third-parties.
However, we may need to share your personal information with third-parties that we partner with to provide you with our products, to operate our websites, or for advertising purposes.
These third parties can be classified in the following categories:
- Delivery partners, to deliver our products to the right location;
- Financial partners, to process your payment and allow you to enjoy our products;
- Marketing partners, which we use to send you promotional communications, and provide you with interest-based advertising. We use Kork and Acolyte to customize our e-commerce interface and collect your customer contact information, which is then automatically uploaded on Active Campaign, a software that we use to send you promotional deals. We may also use Facebook to provide you with relevant advertising.
- IT service providers, such as our data hosting provider;
It’s possible that we may have to share your personal information to comply with a legal order. When we receive such requests, we do all necessary verifications to ensure that they are lawful and if possible, we inform you of this request prior to share your personal information.
This website may include links to third parties, including social media. If you click on these links, you are leaving our website and the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to these third-parties’ privacy practices.
Where will my personal information by stored?
Our website is hosted in Canada and the United States.
Our applicant tracking system (‘ATS’) is also a third party hosted in Canada.
However, when we share your personal information with our trusted partners, they may store some of your personal information in their databases in the United States, or elsewhere.
How long do we hold your personal information?
We keep your personal information as long as we have a business relationship with you, and as long as required under applicable laws. If you would like us to delete some or all of your personal information, or delete your account, you can reach us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try our best to help you.
Note that you can remove your saved credit cards from your accounts at any time.
What are my rights regarding my personal information?
Different laws allow you to exercise some rights about your personal information. Depending on where you are located, these rights can vary. They usually include the right to:
- access copies of the personal information that collect, use and disclose about you, as long as such data remain available in our databases;
- ask for the rectification of your personal information in case it is incorrect, incomplete, invalid or ambiguous.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, we will do our best to help you free of charge. If you want to simply look at your order history, you can do so from your account.
If you request a transcription, reproduction or transmission of your personal information, we may have to charge a reasonable fee to process your request, subject to applicable laws. In this case, we will contact you about these charges before addressing your request.
Additionally, in some cases, your ability to access or control your personal information will be limited, as required or permitted under the applicable laws. If your request is denied, we will notify you in writing, with the motives for our refusal and information on how to appeal of our decision. We will keep the relevant personal information until you will have exhausted the recourse provided by law. In any event, we will respond not later than thirty (30) days after the reception of your request.
If you have any questions about your rights or if you want to exercise them, you may send an email to email@example.com.
What are Cookies?
- To improve your experience when navigating our website;
- To remember some of your preferences, or save some your credentials for your next visit;
- To perform analytics and understand the pages and advertisements that you like, how you ended up on our website and from what type of devices;
- To do re-targeting and ensure that you are presented with relevant ads about our products;
What type of Cookies do we use?
When you browse our website, different types of cookies are set on your hard disk or your device’s storage space. Cookies can be installed by us or can be installed by third-parties.
- First Party Cookies – First party cookies are those that are issued by our website domain, and they can only be set or retrieved by us. They are used for purposes specific to us, such as to personalize the website.
- Third Party Cookies – Third party cookies are usually placed on the website via scripts or tags added to a web page. Sometimes, these scripts will also bring additional functionality to the site.
We use different categories of cookies, which we classified using the standard from the International Chamber of Commerce:
- Strictly Necessary – These cookies are essential to enable you to navigate our website and use its features, such as accessing the Order Desk. For instance, we use a cookie titled X-CSRF-Token which ensures visitor browsing-security by preventing cross-site request forgery.
- Performance Cookies – Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, such as the pages that visitors go most often, and whether they get an error messages from our web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that allow us to specifically identify you; it only provides aggregated information about our visitors. Most performance cookies are persistent. For example, we use a cookie called _ga which allows Google Analytics to generate aggregated statistical data on how a visitor uses our website.
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies are used for enhanced functionalities that are useful to you, like those associated with Order Desk.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies are used to deliver advertising more relevant to you and your interests, including by leveraging social medias such as Facebook. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement, as well as to help measure the effectiveness of a campaign. These cookies can remember that you visited a website and share this information with third parties for re-targeting purposes.
How long do cookies stay installed on my device?
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies.
- Session cookies – Those are files set temporarily on your device and deleted once you close your browser. They are not stored nor transmitted to third parties. We use this type of cookies to ensure you have a user-friendly experience. As an example, we use a cookie called JSESSIONID, which allows us to preserve users states across page requests. Most of our cookies are session cookies.
- Persistent cookies – Those remain active on your device for some time, which may vary from a few days to two years after your visit on our website. As an example, we use a cookie call _cfduid, which remains for a year on your device, and is used by Active Campaign. It allows us to see if you open an e-mail, and clicked on a product, and then the pages that you are navigating on the e-commerce platform. The objective is to provide you with products that are relevant to your business, and make your experience as a buyer more efficient.
Can third parties have access to my cookies?
Let’s be clear… We do not allow any add partners to collect your personal data for their own purposes directly on our website. We do not sell your personal data to anyone.
We may display interest-based ads to you when you are using through a tool offered by Facebook called the Custom Audience Tool. This tool allows us to personalize our ads based on your shopping experience with us. We do not share any of your personal information, including your shopping history, with Facebook. The tool lets us convert your email address to a unique number that Facebook uses to match to unique numbers it generates from email addresses of its users.
We also use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to conduct some analytics on our website performance; but don’t worry, we can’t track you individually. This service only gives us an idea of the overall traffic on our different pages. This is useful to understand which products and features on our website you like… and those that you don’t!
How can I manage my preferences?
that you are notified when you are subject to cookies and control the cookies already stored on your device. However, if you block all of the cookies, you may not be able to access all our functionalities, like the Order Desk.
Depending on the browser that you are using, different instructions are applicable. Click on your browser to have more information:
If you want to opt-out from Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, you can do so by clicking here.
If you want to opt-out from Facebook Custom Audience Tool and Conversion Tracking Pixels, you can do so by clicking here. If you opt out, we will remove you from all our custom audiences.
Do we accept Do Not Track signals?
Legislation in California provides that California residents be entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings. If activated by you, this setting sends a special signal to the websites you encounter while web browsing indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. We do not respond to Do Not Track signals at this time. If we do so in the future, we will describe how so in this policy.
How can I reach you if I have more questions, concerns or any inquiries?
You can contact us by mailing us:
Mark Anthony Wine & Spirits500-887 Great Northern WayVancouver, BCV4T 4T5
Alternatively, you can always reach out to us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our privacy officer will get back to you as soon as possible.